What is a Car Title?
A car title is one of the few documents you sign when you purchase a car. Whether you bought the car new or used, the title is an essential form because it legalizes the fact that you are the owner of the vehicle.
Those are the basics. In the rest of this article, we will be answering your "what is a car title" question in more detail and showing you how to pawn it for emergency money.
All About Car Titles
Your car title comes from the state you bought the car. If you purchased the vehicle in a different state to your home, it's imperative to transfer the title by visiting your local Department of Motor Vehicles office.
No matter which state it's registered in, every title includes the following information:
- The vehicle's license plate number
- Technical information (for example, the gross weight)
- Your name and address
- Any identifying information for the car (for example, make, model, year, and VIN)
- Any lien holder information
The 4 Types of Car Titles
Alongside all the general information, car titles are categorized depending on outstanding debts and conditions. The categories are as follows:
- Salvaged car title —If your car is wrecked, it will have a salvaged title. You'll probably struggle to gain insurance with it.
- Rebuilt or reconstructed car title —If your wrecked car has been fixed enough to ensure safe driving, your title will turn into a rebuilt or reconstructed type.
- Clear car title — A clear car title indicates there are no outstanding debts against the vehicle.
- Clean car title — With a clean title, your vehicle is in good working order.
As we mentioned earlier in our basic answer to your "what is a car title" question, it's a very important document. So, keeping it safe is essential.
However, if you lose it or somebody destroys or steals it, all hope is not lost. The DMV can help you replace it. We suggest applying online, although it can be done in person. Just ensure you have the following information on hand:
- Your driver's license
- The vehicle's make, model, and year
- The car's VIN
- Any outstanding loan information
- Your payment for the replacement title
If you have the above information, acquiring a new title is easy.
What Is a Car Title Lender?
You know the definition of a car title, so let's move on to car title lenders.
A Georgia-based car title lender allows you to pawn your vehicle's title to borrow money in emergencies. So, whether you're trying to avoid late fees on overdue bills, pay unexpected medical bills, or fund urgent home repairs, an auto title pawn is an option.
You don't need to have a good or even fair credit score to acquire one, making it wonderfully accessible for all. Plus, you won't have to contend with an impossibly long list of requirements. All you need is three documents (including your title).
How to Pawn Your Vehicle's Title with Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.
Our auto pawn process is very straightforward. The in-person part takes just 30 minutes, and you'll receive your money on the same or very next bank working day.
Follow the six steps below:
- Contact your local Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. by phone or use our simple online inquiry form to send your information directly to the location of your choice.
- Answer the phone when one of our car title lender representatives calls you. They discuss the process, ensure you have the required items, and answer your questions.
- Choose where you wish to meet the verification agent and head there with your driver's license, lien-free title, and your vehicle for inspection. You don't have to come into our store. We want our process to be as convenient as possible, so pick a place closer to home if you wish.
- Wait while our representative conducts a quick five-minute inspection of your vehicle to establish the amount of cash you can borrow.
- The agent explains the process again to ensure complete understanding.
- You complete the simple paperwork and receive your money on the same or very next day. And yes, you leave with your vehicle!
Of course, you should think carefully before pawning your car title to ensure your situation truly justifies it. We recommend using them only for circumstances that can't be left unpaid without worsening or becoming more expensive.
Submit Your Auto Pawn Request Today!
Thanks to our easy guide, you will never need to search "what is a car title" ever again! If you forget, simply come back to this page, and we'll clear things up.
Now, pawn your title with us at Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. by giving your local branch a call or completing our straightforward, convenient online request form. One of our team members will be delighted to help you fund your emergency.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.