What Do I Need to Do to Pawn My Car Title?
August 13, 2021 | Louis Tully
Tired of searching "how to pawn my car title"? Then stop right here. We're about to settle all your car title pawn questions and concerns!
What Is a Car Title Pawn?
A car title pawn is a type of loan that allows you to borrow a lump sum of cash based on the value of your vehicle. You don’t need to have a perfect credit score to get a title loan, which is why the process of obtaining one is quick and hassle free. Besides, you can pawn your car and keep it, as it’s the title that serves as collateral and stays with the lender, not your car. All this makes a title pawn an optimal solution for urgent monetary concerns.
Before starting, ask yourself, “Am I ready to pawn my car title today?” Some problems can wait, while others can cause more issues down the line if postponed, and title pawns work best for the latter. Use a title pawn for such time-sensitive problems, as:
- Repairing your housing after the damage caused by natural disasters
- Fixing your vehicle
- Medical bills that were higher than anticipated or entirely unexpected
- Urgent travel (airplane tickets, gas, subway rides, etc.)
What Exactly Do I Have to Do to Pawn My Car Title?
With different title pawn companies, the process of taking out a title pawn may vary. Below, we will outline what it takes to get a title pawn with Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.
1. Get Your Documents Together
“What do I start with to pawn my car title?” you may ask. The first step to pawning your car title is making sure you have the required documents on hand.
For title pawns from us at Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc., you need the following:
- Your driver's license or state-issued photo I.D.
- Your lien-free vehicle title
What Is a Lien-Free Vehicle Title?
To pawn your car title, you must be an outright owner of the vehicle. If your vehicle is in your name, fully paid off, and there are no outstanding loans or judgements against its title, then your title is considered lien-free.
2. Have Access to the Internet and Cell Phone
The journey to a title pawn with Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. begins with an online experience, where you’ll need to fill out a request form letting us know that you’re interested in working with us. It continues when one of our representatives contacts you by phone to confirm your information and explain what to expect from the process. That’s why you need both conveniences on hand when applying for a title pawn.
Though, if you prefer an in-person experience to the virtual one, feel free to come directly to the nearest store location. You can find one by visiting the Locations Page on our website.
From there, you'll be able to conduct and complete the whole application. Just ensure you bring the correct documents with you, so the process goes off without a hitch.
3. Know the Deciding Factors
Another question that may pop up in your mind is “What are the determining factors if I want to pawn my car title and get a bigger amount?” First of all, you need to know whether you have the right vehicle type. We accept the following:
We do not accept:
Secondly, it's worth understanding how we estimate the value your vehicle. At the end of the day, this will be the deciding factor on how much you qualify for.
When establishing the value of your car, truck, or van, we look at three aspects:
- The national market average for your vehicle's make and model
- The condition of your vehicle
- The results of inspection performed by one of our representatives
Everybody's vehicles are inspected under the same regulations to ensure consistency throughout our practice.
4. Make Your Vehicle Presentable
Finally, it would help if you gave your vehicle a nice clean. While this isn't a necessity, it can help you with the inspection and condition side of things. In addition, a scrub both inside and out can improve your chances of receiving the higher pawn amount should you need it.
How Do I Pawn My Car Title With Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.?
Follow the steps below to pawn your car title with us at Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.
- Either start by giving us a call at 800-514-2274 or using our handy online inquiry form. The form will send your information straight to your nearest Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. location.
- Answer the phone when one of our loan representatives gives you a call. They will confirm your information and explain the simple required items you need to take with you. It's a good idea to ask any questions now too.
- Head to your local Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. storefront with the required items (your car, truck, or van, your driver's license or state-issued identification card, and your lien-free vehicle title).
- Let the loan expert examine the items you have brought to verify you’re an outright owner of the vehicle you’re pawning.
- After the loan representative has approved you, they will discuss the rest of the process. If you have any more questions, this is your final chance to ask them.
- If the amount offered meets your needs, you’ll need to sign the agreement and get your cash either the same or the next business day.
Pawn Your Car Title Today
Now that you’re well-informed on how title pawning works, don’t bother to Google “pawn my car title” any longer, as Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. has you covered. Feel free to reach out to us any time with any questions, and our friendly representatives will gladly assist you with any queries.
You can get started today by submitting the online form on our website and get up to $15,000 title cash now with Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.!