Living On A Budget: Top 10 Money Saving Tips For Moms
September 21, 2021 | Daniel Dewitt
Kids are expensive. But there are ways you can live contentedly on a budget. Just follow our top 10 money saving tips for moms.
The Top 10 Money Saving Tips for Moms
1. Make The Most Of Deals And Coupon
No matter where you do the weekly shopping, there will be a bunch of deals. It's one of our favorite money saving tips for moms as those deals are in abundance! Every week you'll find deals on new foods to switch up your weekly meals while still saving tons of cash. Throughout the year, the savings rack up.
As for coupons, there are plenty of sites that do the hard work for you. There's no need to spend hours leafing through sales circulars armed with a pair of scissors. Coupon sites these days display thousands upon thousands of codes for all kinds of supermarket brands.
2. Thrift Sop
Kids grow super quickly. So, it makes absolutely no sense to buy brand new clothing. They'll grow out of it in what feels like two seconds! Shopping secondhand for children's clothes and toys will save you almost 50%. Not to mention that the clothes probably weren't worn all that often.
The only thing you shouldn't use this one of our money saving tips for moms, is shoes. If you can afford the splurge, school shoes with the proper width fittings will greatly benefit your kids' development and foot health.
3. Take Advantage Of Your Local Library
Visiting your local library is a free few hours out of the house. Borrowing books saves you both money and space. After you and your child have read them, you return them. Win-win! Books won't clutter your home, nor will they empty your wallet.
Alongside the obvious, libraries are great places to access free activities for babies and children. If you time your visits wisely, you can spend almost a whole day there. And the best part is, your kids will have a whale of a time!
4. Always Meal Plan
Going to the store without a list is a recipe for disaster. You end up spending way too much and buying most things on impulse.
Thankfully, making a meal plan for the week before hitting the shops eliminates overspending and impulsive purchasing. These days, there are plenty of apps that can help you choose recipes for the week. But using paper and a pen is just as effective.
5. Enjoy Your Home Life
If you've frequented the local library a bit too much recently, perhaps you could enjoy being at home. After all, it's by far the easiest of our money saving tips for moms.
There are lots of things you can do at home, including:
- Craft nights with things you already have
- Movie night
- Cleaning and decluttering (yes, you can make it a fun activity for the whole family!)
6. Stay On Top Of Preventative Maintenance
Don't skip HVAC, car, or appliance maintenance appointments. It'll save you a lot of money in the future.
7. Stick To Holiday Budgets
It's tempting to go all out on holiday. But creating a budget and sticking to it allows you and your family to have a great time while still affording the bills back home.
8. Use Half Your Usual Amount
Consider using less toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and other toiletries. Our consumerist world leads us to believe we need to use a lot of these items. But it's just not the case. Cut down by half and see how much you can save.
9. Share Childcare
Think about sharing breakfast and after school with other moms in your area. This way, all of you get a "day-off" from spending money on activities and breakfast food.
10. Know Where To Get Emergency Cash
When an emergency strikes, you need money quickly. But did you know that you can pawn your car title and keep it? With car title pawns, you can get cash in as little as half an hour by using your vehicle as collateral with Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc.
Just follow the steps below to fund your emergency with our title pawns:
- Give your local store a call or fill in the convenient online inquiry form to get started.
- Once the storefront sees your information, one of our expert loan representatives will give you a call to discuss the process, answer your questions, and tell you about the documents you need to supply.
- After the conversation, head to your nearest Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. location. Don't forget to bring your driver's license (or another form of state-issued photo ID), your vehicle, and your lien-free vehicle title.
- One of our associates will conduct a quick inspection of your vehicle and paperwork to see if you're eligible for the loan and how much you can borrow.
- If you qualify, the loan expert will guide you through the rest of the process and request some signatures.
- Finally, the money you need will hit your account either on the same or next day!
Get Title Pawns Right Now
Using our money saving tips for moms allows you to live a satisfying yet frugal life! But if you ever find yourself in a pinch, remember that you have an option to get a title pawn of up to $15,000 from Georgia Auto Pawn, Inc. Call us today at 800-514-7724 to request more information or fill out a short inquiry for car title pawns online to get started.